WARNING SIGNS THAT YOU ARE DUE FOR A CLEANING
· Clothes that take too much time to dry. Running the dryer more than one cycle (towels).
· Lint screen with no visible lint on it.
· Excess lint on your clothes after drying.
· Clothes hot to the touch after the dryer cycle.
This is a warning that the dryer has built up in its vent.
· The top of the dryer is too hot when in use.
· A moldy smell on your clothes after the cycle.
The most common cause of a dryer fire is the lack of dryer vent cleaning and not with the dryer itself. Lint is extremely flammable. Heat can build up in a dryer vent if the airflow is restricted which can cause the lint to ignite.
The money spent on the problem now will stop any further problems and related appliance fires. Dryer vent fires can occur not only at home but at rental properties, hair salons and of course laundromats.
Clean Ducts Orlando is currently running a New Years Special for dryer vent cleaning.